1. USCIS is now accepting certain DACA renewal applications – check with your attorney for details.
2. USCIS will not accept new DACA applications from people who haven’t applied previously.
3. Requests for Advance Parole from DACA recipients will not be accepted.
4. We do not know how long USCIS will continue to accept DACA renewal applications.
5. Our fight to get the Dream Act passed by January 19 continues!
ICE Officers, especially those in the New York City office at 26 Federal Plaza, New York, New York, will be more likely to grant more time to non-citizens without legal immigration status if they have an attorney and/or an application or court proceeding pending.
ICE Officers will want to see you trying to fix your status and get your documents in order. It is important that they see a noncitizen with an attorney to update them quickly and succinctly – they are very busy. It is beneficial to always have an attorney present to ensure ICE that you are doing all that is possible to obtain legal status and move your immigration case forward!