The reminders include:
- You have the right to remain silent. You may refuse to speak to immigration officers.
- Do not open your door (ICE must have a warrant signed by a judge to enter).
- You have the right to speak to a lawyer.
- Before you sign anything, talk to a lawyer.
- Always carry with you any valid immigration document you have.
- If you are worried that ICE will arrest you, let the officer know if you have children.
- Carry a “know-your-rights card” and show it if an immigration officer stops you.